Fees and Penalty for Late Filing of TDS Returns are as follows:
Section 234E-Levy of Fees
- Failure to submit e-TDS Statement on time will result in fees on the deductor.
- If you delay or forget to file your e-TDS Statement, fees of Rs. 200 per day will be levied on the deductor, as long as TDS Statement is not filed.
- The levied amount of fee is not supposed to exceed the TDS deductibles.
- Prior to ets filing such fee should be paid and it should be reflected in the TDS Statement.
- Deductor has to pay a penalty ranging from minimum of Rs. 10,000/- to One Lac rupees,
- If deductor exceeds one year time limit to File TDS Statement.
- If deductor furnishes incorrect details like PAN, TDS Amount, Payment of Challan etc.
For more details on Consequences of TDS defaults, Click here