1. What is a conso file?
It is the consolidated data of the statements processed (regular & correction) for the relevant Financial Year, Quarter and Form Type.
2. Why is a conso file required?
While filing correction for a particular Financial Year, Quarter and Form Type, conso file provides details about all the previous corrections made in the relevant statement. This file gets updated each time a correction is filed for the particular Financial Year, Quarter and Form Type. Hence, each time a correction statement is to be filed for the given combination, a fresh conso file is required.
3. From which year is conso file available on TRACES?
Conso file is available on TRACES from FY 2007-08.
4. What would be the file extension for the consolidated file?
The file extension would be in “.tds” format.
5. How can I download conso file?
Login to TRACES as deductor and submit download request for the conso file under Request for Conso File in Statements / Payments tab. File will be available under Requested Downloads in Downloads tab.
6. Is it mandatory to download a conso file while filing correction statement?
Yes. It is mandatory, as it enables accuracy during correction filing.
7. What is the password for opening Conso file?
The password for opening Conso file will be your TAN_Request Number in capital letters.
8. I want to submit request to download the conso file, will system allow me to pass through validation screen without any challan and deductee detail?
Yes, you can download the conso file even if you have zero challan detail and no deductee record for the statement.
9. I have filed a paper return, and want to download the consolidated file for the same on TRACES. How should I proceed?
Conso file will not be available in case of paper return. Refer e-Tutorials for more details.
10. While entering validation details for submitting request to download conso file, I have entered details correctly in Part 1 and Part 2 of the validation screen, yet it shows error as ‘Invalid Details’ in Part 1 or Part 2. What should I do?
Details to be filled in validation screen should be exactly the same as reported in the TDS statement. If you have filed any correction statement, Token Number and other details should be as per the latest correction statement.
11. While entering validation details for submitting request to download conso file, I am getting an error, ‘More than one PAN in the challan’. What should I do?
In such case, CIN of that challan should be entered which has been claimed for at least two, three or more PANs.
12. While entering validation details for submitting request to download conso file, I am getting an error, ‘Invalid Token Number’. How do I rectify the error?
Enter Token Number for latest accepted statement (regular or correction) for the statement for which conso file is being requested.
13. While submitting request to download conso file, I am getting an error message that request has failed. What should I do?
In such cases, request for downloading conso file needs to be resubmitted.