CPC (TDS) has released a follow up communication to all deductors regarding Defaults in Quarterly TDS return exceeding Rs. 1 Crore from FY 2007-08 to Q2, FY 2015-16.
The released communication has been given below:
Date of communication: 23/01/2016
Dear Deductor (TAN XXXXXXXXX)
Centralized Processing Centre (TDS) has observed from its records that as on 21st January, 2016, there are outstanding Defaults in quarterly TDS returns submitted by you during Financial Year 2007-08 to Q2, FY 2015-16.
The details of outstanding Defaults for the respective Financial Years are as follows:
Action to be taken:
- Please download the latest Justification Reports from our web portal TRACES to view details of outstanding demand
- If required, please use Challan ITNS 281 to pay the demand with your relevant Banker.
- Please submit a Correction statement without any further loss of time for closure of the outstanding demand.
- Online Corrections facility on TRACES can be used to submit corrections to payoff/ close the demand. To avail the facility, please Login to TRACES and navigate to Defaults tab to locate Request for Correction from the drop-down list. You can refer to our e-tutorials for necessary help.
- In case of Short Payment Defaults due to Unmatched Challans, please use Tag Unmatched Challan facility using Online Corrections.
- In case of Short Payment Defaults due to Insufficient Challans, please use Move Deductee facility using Online Corrections. With use of this feature, a portion of the Deductee Rows can now be moved to any other Unconsumed OLTAS challan with adequate balance.
For any assistance, you can raise a ticket for resolution Online at TRACES or call on 1800 103 0344. CPC (TDS) is committed to provide best possible services to you.
CPC (TDS) TEAM
Similar Follow Up Communication from TRACES: