There are two types of PAN applications:
1. Application for allotment of PAN: This application form should be used when the applicant has never applied for a PAN or does not have PAN allotted to him. Applicant may visit ITDs website www.incometaxindia.gov.in to find whether a PAN has been allotted to him or not.
Following forms have been notified by ITD (w. e. f. November 1, 2011) for submitting applications for allotment of new PAN:
FORM 49A: To be filled by Indian citizens including those who are located outside India.
FORM 49AA: To be filled by foreign citizens.
2. Application for new PAN Card or/and Changes or Corrections in PAN Data: Those who have already obtained the PAN and wish to obtain the new PAN card or want to make some changes / corrections in their PAN data, are required to submit their applications in the following form prescribed by ITD:
REQUEST FOR NEW PAN CARD OR/AND CHANGES OR CORRECTION IN PAN DATA:
The same form can be used by Indian as well as foreign citizens.
A new PAN card bearing the same PAN but updated information is issued to applicant in such case.
Applicant should ensure that the necessary supporting documents (as specified under Rule 114 of Income Tax Department) are submitted along with the application. The details of the documents required are also provided in the application form. Name mentioned in Application form and Name in the Proof of Identity /Proof of Address should match exactly.
Click here to view the document acceptable as proof of identity, proof of address and proof of date of birth as per Rule 114 of Income Tax Rules, 1962, for individual and HUF applicants.
Where to get the Physical Application Forms
Applicants may obtain the application forms from TIN-FCs, PAN centres, any other vendors providing such forms or can freely download the same from this website.
PAN application Status Track
The applicants may track the status of their application using 15 digit unique Acknowledgment Number after three days of application using the pan application status track facility. Alternatively, applicant may call TIN Call Centre on 020-2721 8080 to enquire about the status of application. The status of the PAN application can also be tracked by sending an SMS – NSDLPAN < your 15 digit acknowledgement number > to 57575.
If the communication address is within India, the fee for processing of PAN application is 105 (93 +12.36% service tax).
If the communication address is outside India, the fee is 971 [Application fee 105 (93 + 12.36% service tax) + Dispatch Charges 866].
How Soon a PAN Card is Dispatched
Normally 15 days are required to process the application, provided application is found to be in order (25 days in case of CR).
- Defence Personnel AO Codes
- Non International Taxation AO Codes
- Mumbai region
- Other than Mumbai region
- International Taxation AO Codes