The key features of File Validation Utility (FVU) version 2.146 has been given below:
- Incorporation of TAN and TAN name in the Challan Status Inquiry (i.e. .CSI) file and verification with the TDS/TCS statement during the time of validation through the FVU.
- TAN: In case, the TAN of the Deductor/Collector as per .CSI file does not match with the TAN as per the TDS/TCS statement, FVU will reject the TDS/TCS file and appropriate error message (Mismatch in present in the statement and .CSI file imported, kindly provide valid TAN) will be displayed to the user on validating the file through FVU.
- TAN Name: In case, the TAN Name (i.e. Name of Deductor/Collector) as per .CSI file does not match with the name as per the TDS/TCS statement, FVU will generate a displayed popup message as Name of deductor in the statement should exactly match the Name of deductor as per TAN Master Database of ITD.
- Mandatory to mention Email IDs of deductor/collector and responsible person in TDS/TCS Statement.
- One of e-mail ids of Deductor/Collector or responsible person is required to be provided in the statement.
- Change of State name from ORISSA to ODISHA.
- This version of FVU is applicable with effect from April 13, 2016.