Dear Deductor, (TAN: ___________),
- Please refer the subject above.
- As per the records of the Centralized Processing Cell (TDS), there is an outstanding demand in different years from 2007-08 onwards on account of defaults identified in TDS statements. Table below shows year wise outstanding demand on account TDS defaults as on October 23rd 2014. Intimation u/s 154 read with section 200A of the Income Tax Act, 1961 intimating the outstanding demand for different years have already been sent by Income Tax Department on Registered email address and by post, at the address, as mentioned in the relevant TDS Statement.
- Justification report for default can be downloaded TDS statement wise from TRACES. www.tdscpc.gov.in
- Short payment default may be on account of mismatch in challan particulars as quoted by you in TDS statement with the challan particulars as per OLTAS. You are requested to close the short payment default through “tagging” of correct challan using “online correction” facility at TRACES portal www.tdscpc.gov.in In case of any clarification, you may contact your assessing officer and can also send e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is to inform that while downloading TDS certificate (Form 16/16A), you would be prompted to first close the ‘short payment’ default if any. As the next due date for download of form 16A is 31st January, you are requested to close your defaults well in advance to avoid any issue in downloading of TDS certificates for third quarter of 2014-15.
- You are requested to file correction statement after making tax payments, if required, TRACES has provided online correction facility in this regard.
For any assistance, you can write to email@example.com. or call our toll-free number 1800 103 0344.
CPC (TDS) is committed to provide best possible services to you.
CPC (TDS) TEAM