Given below are some dos and don’t for filing of TDS returns:
- Ensure that TDS return is filed with same TAN against which TDS payment has been made.
- Ensure that correct challan particulars including CIN and amount is mentioned.
- Correct PAN of the deductee is mentioned.
- Correct section is quoted against each deductee record.
- Tax is deducted at correct rate for each deductee record.
- File correction statement as soon as discrepancy is noticed.
- Issue TDS certificate downloaded from TRACES website.
- Don’t file late returns as it affects deductee tax credit.
- Don’t quote incorrect TAN vis-Æ’ -vis TDS payments.