TDSMAN Blog

smart & easy software for eTDS & eTCS returns

How to Download TDS Certificate in Form 16B?

Government has made it mandatory w.e.f 01.06.2013 on buyer of property to deduct TDS @ 1% on payment made after 01.06.2013 if Purchase Consideration of the Property exceeds Rs. 50 Lakh.

Deductor can pay such TDS by any of the following mode:-

Either make the payment online (through e-tax payment option) immediately or make the payment subsequently through e-tax payment option (net-banking account) or by visiting any of the authorized Bank branches. However, such bank branches will make e-payment without digitization of any challan. The bank will get the challan details from the online form filled on www.tin-nsdl.com.

Once the Payment is made now the dedcuctor is required to issue TDS certificate in form 16B to the seller of the Property. Now the question is how to prepare or from where deductor can get such certificate for the purpose of issue to the seller? Answer is deductor can download such certificate from Traces website and issue to the seller.

Procedure to Download TDS certificate in form 16B is as follows:-

1. Login to:

2. Click on Register New User and you will be asked to provide basic details such as your

• PAN
  • Date of Birth
  • Last, Middle and First Name and would also be required to further validate details of either tax deducted (option 1) or tax paid by you (option 2).

3. On Validation of details, your account will be created.  User ID by default would be your PAN, You would have the option of providing Pass word of your choice.  A email would be automatically generated providing you an activation link with a second code being text on your mobile.  Having activated your account, it is now ready to be used.  Services currently available are view 26AS statement and down load Form 16B in case you are the buyer of immovable Properties.  May be in near future you are able to download your Form 16 or 16A also through this window.

To download form 16B, go to download, click on request for form 16B, validate details and submit your request.  After some time the same shall be available under download menu. Click on download, click of available and download and save it your computer.

Print, sign and deliver it to the seller.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail
  • Sachin says:

Thanks for such detailed procedure.
    I followed all the steps in the given manner and downloaded the Form 16B which is in zip file. Now when I try to extract the file from this zip file it asks for encrypted passoword. Can you please help on this? How to get that password?

November 20, 2013 at 1:05 pm
  • Gurumurthy Viswanathan says:

Hello

I am not able to log into the TRACES website for the past many months.
    Everytime i log in i get the message ‘ Site not available due to technical reasons’. Please help. I need to issue Form16B to by Property Seller. thanks Gurumurthy

January 5, 2014 at 4:13 pm
    • TDSMAN says:

Dear Sir,

Please contact TRACES for this issue.

January 8, 2014 at 11:55 am
    • DRK says:

TRACES is in-accessible from outside India.

February 7, 2014 at 5:02 pm
  • Ravi Kumar says:

Dear sir

Could you please provide the contact nos. for us to call and check with the tds cpc office

Regards

Ravi Kumar

January 14, 2014 at 6:39 am
    • TDSMAN says:

Contact numbers of TRACES:

Toll Free – 1800 103 0344
      Phone – 0120 4814600
      Email id – contactus@tdscpc.gov.in

January 14, 2014 at 5:51 pm
  • NIKHIL JAIN says:

SIR , HOW MUCH PROCESSING TIME IT WILL TAKE TO CHANGE THE ” SUBMITTED ” STATUS TO “AVAILABLE” STATUS? KINDLY REPLY AS EARLIEST AS POSSIBLE

January 27, 2014 at 7:06 pm
  • Gireesh Thampy says:

I am not able to enter my password for new registration. When the characters cross 8 digits it says invalid. How do I register myself in?

January 28, 2014 at 11:21 am
  • Anand Prakash says:

I am a NRI. I have made payments for purchase of a flat that is under construction. I deducted TDS against payment of some amount to the builder in Aug 2013. I need to send a signed copy of form 16B to the builder. I am NOT able to access the site from outside India – everytime I get message ” Site not available due to tecgnical reasons”. where as one of my friends tried accessing it from India and he found no such problem. Is the site in-accessible from abroad ? If so then how do I submit the form 16B to the builder ?

January 29, 2014 at 1:09 am
    • DRK says:

The TRACES site is in-accessible from outside India,

February 7, 2014 at 5:01 pm
    • Raghavendra says:

TDSCPC services for NRIs is available through https://nriservices.tdscpc.gov.in/nriapp/login.xhtml . Kindly register and access TDSCPC NRI services through same.

April 12, 2014 at 2:11 am
  • HARDIK PATEL says:

HOW TO EXTRACT 16B ZIP FILE [PROPERTY TDS]

February 6, 2014 at 11:32 am
  • V K Khanna says:

Recently, I have deducted TDS on purchase of an immovable property worth more than 50 lacs. As per the IT Amendment Act 2013, purchaser needs to deduct 1% TDS on such transaction and also issue form 16B. The steps told by you says that after depositing TDS with the ITD, form 16B can be downloaded only from TRACES website. But when I am trying to register at the website, it is showing invalid details as my date of birth/incorporation register with Income tax department is 01/01/0001 which is at practical terms invalid date. But with the same date, I am already filing my returns for the last several years.

My problem is that my seller is not giving me credit of TDS deposited with ITD till the time I issue form 16B.

Please tell me the solution.

February 15, 2014 at 12:33 pm
  • Hitesh says:

Hi,

Me and my brother have entered into an agreement to sale on Dec 12, 2013 and had paid the vendor some token advance. Now we have fixed our registration date as Feb 24, 2014 where the sale deed would also be entered. In form 26QB, when I key the agreement date as Feb 24, 2014 and the payment to vendor date also as Feb 24, 2014 it doesn’t accept saying the date cannot be future date.
    Now my query is this- Should I wait till Feb 24th morning and make the remittance and then go for registration, since the sub-registrar will not accept to register unless we show the TDS payment challan. Or should I key the date of agreement and date of payment to vendor as Dec 12, 2013 and make the TDS dating the current date.
    Appreciate if you could help me on this.
    Thanks,
    Hitesh

February 16, 2014 at 12:33 am
  • SUKSHAM ARORA says:

I AM SUCCESSFUL IN ACTIVATING MY ACCOUNT BUT NOW WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN GIVING PAN AS MY USER ID , PASSWORD AND PAN , THE SITE SHOWS INVALID DETAILS

February 17, 2014 at 5:16 pm
  • aneesh ahmad says:

i have recieved the Mutual funds redemption payment and dividend amount on MF. They are tax free but where i have to show entry for these while fling ITR?

February 17, 2014 at 5:45 pm
  • G M Palkar says:

Dear Sir,
    I have paid tds from property on 18/02/14. But still today also I am not able to create user id by providing pan number, DOB, Name & chalan details. What may be the problem? Please help.
    Regards,
    Palkar

February 22, 2014 at 6:40 pm
  • Sumit jain says:

Dear,

On 13.03.2014, i made the TDS payment of 1% against the flat that i have purchase from builder. but when i am going to login new user on traces to get form 16B, it shows invalid details.
    Please help me

March 17, 2014 at 1:00 pm
  • JANARDHAN V says:

I am not able to open the Form 16B. It is asking for a password. Which Password I should use

March 22, 2014 at 10:16 pm
    • Raghavendra says:

April 12, 2014 at 2:13 am
  • Ankit says:

I followed all the steps in the given manner and downloaded the Form 16B which is in zip file. Now when I try to extract the file from this zip file it asks for encrypted password. Can you please help on this? How to get that password?

April 5, 2014 at 4:16 pm
    • Raghavendra says:

Try using your Date of Birth in DDMMYYYY format, if not try using the PAN number. Let me know if it helps.

April 12, 2014 at 2:15 am
    • Molly says:

Password to open the Zip folder of 16 B is Date of Birth of the Buyer in DDMMYY format.

April 12, 2014 at 12:47 pm
  • Anushree says:

I recently purchased a property and uploaded form 26QB and deposited the tds deduction through Bank. Now when I try to register as a new user with TRACES for downloading Form 16B with my Pan Card details it shown my first name, surname or middle or date of birth is incorrect whereas I am using the same names as appeared in Form 26QB through ITD Pan Master. Date of birth is the same as appearing on the Pan Card. What is the solution?

April 16, 2014 at 3:41 pm