New versions of File Validation Utilities (FVUs) for e-TDS/TCS statements are released today (October 1, 2021).
The key features of this FVU is summarized below:
File Validation Utility (FVU):
- FVU Version 7.2 – Applicable for quarterly e-TDS/TCS statement pertaining to FY 2010-11 onwards.
- FVU Version 2.168 – Applicable for quarterly e-TDS/TCS statements from FY 2007-08 up to FY 2009-10.
Features of the FVUs are as below:
- Addition of new Section 194P for Form 24Q
– 194P: Deduction of tax in case of specified senior citizens
– Applicable for regular and correction statements pertaining to FY 2021-22
- Addition of new Section 196D(1A) for Form 27Q
– 196D(1A): Income of specified fund from securities referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 115AD (other than interest income referred to in section 194LD)
– Applicable for regular and correction statements pertaining to FY 2020-21 Q3 onwards where date of payment is on or after 01/11/2020.
- Addition of new Section 194Q Form 26Q
– 194Q: Payment of certain sums for purchase of goods
– Applicable for regular and correction statements pertaining to FY 2021-22 Q2
- Addition of new remark values for Form 27Q
- Addition of new remark values for Form 26Q
- Addition of remark value in Form 27EQ
- Change in validation related to section code 196D in Form 27Q
- Changes in validation of section 194K of Form 24Q
(This version of FVU is applicable with effect from 1st October, 2021)
TDSMAN has been fully updated with newly released File Validation Utilities
To update TDSMAN – Click on: Utilities > Update Software