CPC (TDS) has issued a reminder communication to the banks regarding closure of defaults in quarterly TDS Statements from Financial Year 2007-08 to Financial Year 2016-17 of quarter 1.
The issued communication has been given below:
Date of communication: 20/08/2016
The Principal Officer
Please refer to the earlier CPC (TDS) Communication regarding defaults in TDS Statements for different TAN’s associated with your PAN.
The Centralized Processing Centre (TDS) has observed from its records that there are Defaults in Quarterly TDS Statements submitted by different TANs associated with your PAN.
The details of the TANs with corresponding outstanding Defaults have been provided as annexed with this letter.
Furthermore, Financial Year, Form Type and Quarter wise breakup of the default details are also available for online view on the web-portal TRACES (www.tdscpc.gov.in) under “Aggregated TAN compliance Report“.
Please note that:
- Order u/s 201/Intimation u/s 200A of the Income Tax Act, 1961 intimating the outstanding demand for different years has already been sent by Income Tax Department on registered email addresses of your TANs and also by post, at the addresses, mentioned in their relevant TDS Statements.
- This information is being provided to you for further necessary action for closure of Defaults at the earliest.
- This would be helpful for you in complying with the provisions of section 40(a)(ia) of Income Tax Act, 1961 and to ensure that correct information is disclosed in paragraph 21(b) of Tax Audit Report(Form 3CD) u/s 44AB of the Income Tax Act.
Actions to be taken by the TAN holders associated with you:
- Download “Aggregate TDS Compliance Report” from TRACES portal for the details of defaults against each TAN associated with your PAN.
- Quarter-wise Justification Reports can be downloaded by the referenced TANs from TRACES portal for the details of defaults.
- Please use Challan ITNS 281 for payment of TDS in case of insufficient total balance available in the challans.
- Online Correction facility provided by TRACES should be used for closing the above defaults by suitably moving deductee rows/ matching/ tagging of challans. However, functionality of adding or modifying deductee details available from FY 2013-14 onwards.
For any assistance, you can write to Corporate_connect@tdscpc.gov.in or call on +91 120 4816103.
CPC (TDS) is committed to provide best possible services to you.
(Kailash V Gautam)
Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax
Centralized Processing Cell – TDS
CPC (TDS) TEAM