Follow the steps mentioned below in case of Late Payment Intimation Received:
- The default amount will have to be deposited through challan number ITNS – 281 by ticking minor head ‘400’
- Add Challan to statement (C9 correction) using “Online Correction Functionality” available on TRACES as C9 correction has been stopped in Offline Correction
- For closure of late payment default, fill up the fee amount in “interest” column in challan details through Online Correction by clicking on “Request for Correction” under “Default” tab and select Pay 220/LP/LD/LF/ Interest u/s 220 category
- Please note that once the challan is added to the statement using the “Online Correction Functionality” further corrections can also be done by downloading latest Conso File.
- Note: In case of paper return, interest amount should be mentioned in annexure.