CPC (TDS) has issued a communication in which it has thanked deductors for promptly availing the Online Correction facility at TRACES on receipt of Intermediate Defaults Communication.
The issued communication has been given below:
Dear Deductor,(TAN: XXXXXXXXXXXX)
Centralized Processing Cell (TDS) Congratulates you and Thanks you for promptly availing the Online Correction facility at our web-portal TRACES, after receipt of “potential PAN/ Challan errors in TDS statement” through Intermediate Defaults Communication.
You are amongst those of over 1 lakh Deductors, who have successfully availed the facility to submit corrections to their TDS Statements. Your corrective action during the course of processing of Original TDS Statements helps you immensely in following ways:
- Avoid TDS Defaults in the TDS Statements filed by you
- Avoid issuance of Intimations by CPC (TDS)
- Avoid filing of Correction Statements later after the Defaults have been computed by CPC(TDS)
- Improved TDS Compliance
The Online Correction feature provisioned at TRACES is a significant offering from CPC (TDS), which has added a new dimension to improve web-based deductor services. As you would have personally experienced, the web-based functionality highly weighs over the traditional Correction filing process due to it’s Intelligence, Simplicity and Convenience:
- Online Correction facility provides ease of convenience and can be availed on anytime anywhere basis by Logging into TRACES.
- The user requesting the correction is authenticated by the system through KYC or Digital Signature Certificate providing assurance of Data Integrity to the TAN holder.
- Web-based service, without any fee, substantially reduces costs associated with traditional Correction filing process.
- Saves manpower effort by doing away with the hassles of submitting the Correction statements through TIN Facilitation Centre.
- All relevant information at the portal is pre-populated along with flags for incorrect entries , which assists in avoidance of Data Entre errors by the user.
- Online Correction is a quick and easy way for closure of Defaults in TDS Statements and correcting PAN/ Challan Errors.
- Improved trun-around for Corrections submitted online, which are usually processed within 24 hours of submission.
You are also encouraged to avail full benefits of Online Corrections and you can access the e-tutorial at TRACES. We also invite your suggestions to further improve the feature and you are requested to feel free to revert.
CPC (TDS) is committed to provide best possible services to you.
CPC (TDS) TEAM