It is proposed to release new version of NSDL e-Gov TDS/TCS-Return Preparation Utility (RPU) and File Validation Utility (FVU) tentatively on 19th June, 2015. Details of which are given below:-
1. Return Preparation Utility (RPU)
- Version 1.2 (Java based)
- Version 4.4 (VB based)
2. File Validation Utility (FVU)
- Version 4.7:- For quarterly e-TDS/TCS statement pertaining to FY 2010-11 onwards
- Version 2.143:- For quarterly e-TDS/TCS statements up to FY 2009-10
Features of the new version of RPU and FVU are as given below:-
1. Incorporation of section code 192A and 194LBB: Section code 192A and 194LBB will be incorporated where the date of payment is on or after 01/06/2015 for regular and correction TDS statements pertaining to FY is 2015-16 onwards. Section code 192A will be applicable for Form no. 26Q and section code 194LBB will be applicable to Form no. 26Q and 27Q.
2. Validation of Total Tax deducted vis a vis Total Tax Deposited amount: Validation will be incorporated in the TDS/TCS FVU wherein the total tax deducted amount in the deductee details should be equal to total tax deposited amount at the deductee details. This validation will apply to
- TDS/TCS statements pertaining to all F.Ys and all Forms.
- Will apply to regular and correction TDS/TCS statements.
3. Incorporation of T remark (Transporter transaction and valid PAN is provided) in deductee details (Annexure I): Remark T will be applicable for Form no. 26Q from Q3 of FY 2009-10 onwards. This validation will apply to regular and correction statements.
4. Applicability of certificate no. for lower/non deduction in deductee details (Annexure I): Quoting of certificate no. (if applicable) will be allowed only if the corresponding section code in deductee details is 192, 193, 194, 194A, 194C, 194D, 194G, 194H, 194-I, 194J, 194LA, 195 and 206C (TCS). This validation will apply to regular and correction TDS/TCS statement pertaining to FY 2013-14 onwards.
5. Higher deduction flag C not applicable to Section code 194LC: If the section code at the challan/ deductee details is 194LC, then the corresponding deductee record will not be mandated for higher rate of tax deduction i.e., will not be mandated to select flag C. Further, no warning message will be provided if the rate of deduction is less than 20.0000. This validation will apply to regular and correction statement pertaining to FY 2012-13 onwards where date of payment is 1st June, 2013 onwards.
6. Deductee records with remark C validations across all forms: In addition to existing editable fields for C remark deductee records in correction file, below mentioned fields will also to be allowed for update.
- Name of deductee
- Section code
- Nature of remittance (Applicable only for Form 27Q)
- Unique acknowledgement of the corresponding form no. 15CA (if available) (Applicable only for Form 27Q)
- Country of Residence of the deductee (Applicable only for Form 27Q)
- Grossing up indicator (Applicable only for Form 27Q)
- Date of deduction (Applicable to all Forms)
Said validation will be applicable for correction TDS/TCS statements.