CPC (TDS) has issued an advisory communication in which it has stated about the closure of late payment interest defaults in quarterly TDS Statements. It has requested the Principal Officer, State Bank of India to instruct the deductors associated with them to pay the late payment interest amount and file the TDS correction statement accordingly by 20/02/2015.
The issued communication has been given below:
The Principal Officer
State Bank of India
Closure of Late Payment Interest defaults in Quarterly TDS Statements
- Please refer the subject mentioned above.
- As per the records of Centralized Processing Cell (TDS) as on 02/02/2015 starting from F.Y. 2007 outstanding Late Payment Interest for various TANs belonging to you are provided below.
|FIN_YR||TAN||TAN Name||Late Payment Interest|
You are requested to instruct the above mentioned deductors associated with you to pay the Late Payment interest amount and file the TDS correction statement accordingly by 20/02/2015.
This information is being provided to you as would be helpful for you in complying with the provisions of section 40(a)(ia) of Income Tax Act, 1961 and to ensure that correct information is disclosed in paragraph 27A/B of Tax Audit Report(Form 3CD) u/s 44AB of the Income Tax Act.
Actions to be taken by the TAN holders associated with you:
- Download quarter-wise Justification Report from our portal TRACES for the details of Late Payment Interest default.
- Please use Challan ITNS 281 for payment of the above, Download the Consolidated File from our portal and submit correction statements.
- Online Correction facility provided by TRACES can also be used for closing the above defaults by suitably tagging the challans.
For any, you can write to email@example.com or call our toll-free number 0120-4816103.
CPC (TDS) is committed to provide best possible services to you.
Kumar Padmapani Bora
Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax
Central Processing Cell – TDS
CPC (TDS) TEAM