CPC (TDS) has issued a communication regarding filing of Form No. 24G in FY 2014-15.
The issued communication has been given below:
Dear Sir/ Madam,
This is to inform you that your office (Accounts Office Identification Number (AIN)) have filed Form 24G for all 12 months in Financial Year 2013-14, however, you have not filed Form no. 24G for any of the months during Financial Year 2014-15.
- Please note that in case of delay in filing of Form No. 24G by the AINs:
- There would be delay in generation of Book Identification Number (BIN) and subsequent intimation of the same by the PAOs to the concerned DDOs.
- This contributes towards delay in filing of quarterly TDS/ TCS statements resulting into levy of late filing fee u/s 234E of the I.T. Act (a sum of Two Hundred Rupees for every day during which the failure continues) on the deductors.
- Late filing of TDS statements also results into the TDS Credit not being available to the deductees (employees / vendors) for claiming the amount of tax already deducted from the payments made to them besides generating correct TDS Certificates for them.
- In view of the above, you are advised to file Form No. 24G well within the due date so that the DDOs are able to file there quarterly TDS / TCS Statements within the due time and avoid levy of fee u/s 234E of the Income Tax Act.
In case you have not filed due to one of the following probable reasons, please inform accordingly to this office with due support of documents:
a) the filing has been centralized and the filing is being done under any other AIN – Please surrender the AIN already allotted to you under intimation to this office
b) new AIN has been procured for filing Form No. 24G and old AIN no. is discarded – Please surrender the AIN already allotted to you under intimation to this office
c) not filed due to some internal problems of organization – Please take necessary steps to file 24G on priority basis under intimation to this office
d) any other problem – Please take necessary steps to file 24G on priority basis under intimation to this office
CPC (TDS) is committed to provide best possible services to you.
CPC (TDS) TEAM