This year Income Tax e filing portal has provided a new facilities of “Pre-filled XML data in offline Excel utility”on their website.
The process of using the Pre-filled XML data in offline excel utility has been given below:
What is Pre-filled ITR xml ?
Pre-filled XML is a trick/utility by which you can fill your personal and TDS details in offline excel utility automatically.
Following main details are imported in excel utility through downloaded XML from e filing site:
- Middl name
- TDS on Salaries
- TDS other than salaries
- TCS details
Process of downloading the Pre-filled XML data:
- Download the offline Excel utility of required ITR form.
- Download the pre-filled XML data from income tax efiling site.
- Login at income tax india efiling site.
- Go to download tab.
- Click “download pre-filled XML.
- Select the Assessment year in new screen and click submit button.
- Save the XML file in your computer.
- Open the offline Excel utility (downloaded in one above).
- Enable macro in Excel utility.
- click all the pop-ups open one by one.
- On right side of your main page of Excel utility a button is given with title (import your personal details from xml).
- Browse the file downloaded as per sr no 2.5 above.
- Select and submit, all the details will be filled in ITR form automatically.
Benefit of Pre-filled XML:
The benefit of the pre-filled XML data is that all your personal details and TDS details will be filled automatically in offline Excel utility. It will reduce chances of entering wrong input data in income tax return.