Mandatory e-filing of Income Tax Return if income exceeds Rs. 5,00,000

 e-filing of return is mandatory if income exceeds Rs. 5,00,000 or assessee claims relief U/s. 90, 90A or 91

CBDT has vide notification No. 34/2013 dated 01.05.2013 has made it mandatory for the following category of the Assesses to file their Income Tax Return Online from A.Y. 2013-14 :-

(a)  It is mandatory for every person (not being a co. or a person filing return in ITR 7) to e-file the return of income if its total income exceeds Rs. 5,00,000

(b) an individual or a Hindu undivided family, being a resident, having assets (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India and required to furnish the return in Form ITR-2 or ITR-3 or ITR-4, as the case may be.

(c)  Every person claiming tax relief under Section 90, 90A or 91 shall file return in electronic mode.

(d) Those who are required to get their Account under Section 44AB

(e) A firm required to furnish the return in Form ITR-5 or an individual or Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) required to furnish the return in Form ITR-4 and to whom provisions of section 44AB are applicable

(f) A company required to furnish the return in Form ITR-6.

Those who are not covered by above can File there Return in any of the below mode:-

(i) furnishing the return in a paper form;

(ii) furnishing the return electronically under digital signature;

(iii) transmitting the data in the return electronically and thereafter submitting the verification of the return in Form ITR-V;

(iv) furnishing a bar-coded return in a paper form.


2 thoughts on “Mandatory e-filing of Income Tax Return if income exceeds Rs. 5,00,000

  1. Gaurav Patel

    if co oprative society Account audited under Section 44AB then they are required the filling online return with Digital Sig.

    if total income exceeds Rs. 5,00,000?

    or below Rs. 5,00,000?

    1. TDSMAN Post author

      Dear Sir,

      Our software is limited to TDS return preparation, for any clarification on Income Tax issues we would request you to consult your Chartered Accountant or your Tax professional for the correct guidance on the subject.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *