CPC(TDS) reminder communication to banks regarding closure of defaults in Quarterly TDS Statements from Financial Year 2007-08 onwards.
The issued communication has been given below:
The Principal Officer
Please refer to the earlier CPC(TDS) Communication regarding defaults in TDS Statements for different TAN’s associated with your PAN. The Centralized Processing Centre (TDS) has observed from its records that there are Defaults in Quarterly TDS Statements submitted by different TANs associated with your PAN.
The details of the TANs and outstanding Defaults against them as per Financial Year have been provided as annexed with this letter. Form Type and Quarter wise details of the above are also available to you to be viewed online on the web-portal TRACES (www.tdscpc.gov.in) under “Aggregated TAN compliance Report”.
Please note that:
- Order u/s 201 Intimation u/s 200A of the Income Tax Act, 1961 intimating the outstanding demand for different years has already been sent by Income Tax Department on Registered email address and by post, at the address, as mentioned in the relevant TDS Statement to the relevant deductors (TANs).
- This information is being provided to you for further necessary action for closure of Short Payment Defaults at the earliest by moving deductee rows/ matching/tagging of Unmatched challans or by payment/ tagging in case of Insufficient challans.
- This would be helpful for you in complying with the provisions of section 40(a)(ia) of Income Tax Act, 1961 and to ensure that correct information is disclosed in paragraph 21b(ii) of Tax Audit Report(Form 3CD) u/s 44AB of the Income Tax Act.
Actions to be taken by the TAN holders associated with you:
- Download “Aggregate TDS Compliance Report” from our portal TRACES for the details of Short Payment defaults against each TAN associated with your PAN.
- Quarter-wise Justification Reports can be downloaded by the referenced TANs from our portal TRACES for the details of Short Payment defaults.
- Please use Challan ITNS 281 for payment of TDS in case of Insufficient Challans.
- Online Correction facility provided by TRACES should be used for closing the above defaults by suitably moving deductee rows/ matching/ tagging of challans.
For any assistance, you can write to Corporate_connect@tdscpc.gov.in or call on +91 120 4816103.
CPC (TDS) is committed to provide best possible services to you.
Kailash V Gautam
Assistant Commissioner of Incomer Tax
Centralized Processing Cell- TDS