Smart & Easy TDS Software for Preparing TDS Returns

TDSMAN Blog - Smart & Easy TDS Software for Preparing TDS Returns
  • Amit says:

    Is late fee U/s. 234E appeal-able or can it be waived off incase of genuine reasons for delay.
    If so then what is the procedure for the same.

    September 6, 2013 at 2:34 pm
    • TDSMAN says:

      Dear Sir,

      As per the notification department does not waive off the penalty u/s 234E.

      September 16, 2013 at 6:03 am
      • sanjaysharma says:

        i am not able to pay late filing fees u/s.234e for tds

        September 20, 2013 at 3:09 pm
        • TDSMAN says:

          Dear Sir,

          You can pay the late fees by making payment through the TDS Challan 281 either online or offline.

          October 3, 2013 at 1:26 pm
    • POORANCHAND says:

      Dear sir, I also want to know such cases. please tell me. Thanks

      February 4, 2014 at 8:14 pm
  • sunil taneja says:

    Dear Sir,
    With regards this is to bring in your kind notice Positiv Television Pvt.Ltd. A- 28,29 SECTOR 4 NOIDA has deducted TDS from my monthly payments since June 2010 and after requesting many times they are not issuing me TDS certificates.I have requested them many times as they are not issuing the same it shows that they have not deposited the same with authorities.

    How can you help me in this regards please suggest.

    September 18, 2013 at 8:14 pm
    • TDSMAN says:

      Dear Sir,

      You can consult the legal authorities who can help you in this regard.

      October 3, 2013 at 1:34 pm
  • ANUP SAHRMA says:

    what is form 13 can it be used for asking the TENANT to reduce the TDS rate while making the payment to LANDLORD.

    September 19, 2013 at 5:19 pm
    • TDSMAN says:

      Dear Sir,

      As per the details provided in Form 13 this cannot be used for Rent payments.

      October 3, 2013 at 1:32 pm
  • Dinesh Barad says:

    FORM26Q -Q1 FY: 2013-14 etds return filed & by mistek non deduction deductee reported with deduction remark with “Z” instead “B”, same was corrected with option “Deductee Update” , but TRACES has rejected the said correction statement.
    Please guide how to correct the same.

    October 23, 2013 at 11:25 pm
    • TDSMAN says:

      Dear Sir,

      Please contact TRACES for the reason of rejection.

      November 1, 2013 at 2:46 pm
  • Megha Rajgadiya says:

    Can we file belated TDS return for one quarter with next quarter filling so that we can be saved from the penality u/s 234E?

    October 30, 2013 at 12:41 pm
  • Umeshchand says:

    Dear Sir,
    As per the notification department receive for interest & penalty u/s 234E but whiling paying the amount under which nature should be mention in the challan as we are deducted five to six nature of payment.
    Kindly help

    October 30, 2013 at 2:16 pm
    • TDSMAN says:

      Dear Sir,

      You can select any nature of payment.

      December 27, 2013 at 2:24 pm
  • shailesh says:

    I am trying to register as a new user on traces. It asks for my TAN no. Could u pl guide me how to generate one? Your site says that PAN No. is required, however, the registration form does not accept it. I have already registered my PAN No. with IT Dept and am able to view Form 26 online.

    December 13, 2013 at 9:35 pm
    • beeteekay says:

      you need to register as a Tax Payer not TDS Deductor

      January 11, 2014 at 6:29 am
  • Ujjal Dutta says:

    Sir i paid the Penalty of Late fee(234E) but in correction file where i need to show the Challan amount( in Fee colume(404) or in interest colume )

    December 20, 2013 at 3:06 pm
  • Raj says:

    Hi , I am research fellow at oil cooperation. I am receiving amount 576000 per annum as Stipend. Am I under TDS. Since, i am not any pay slip from company and no details like HRA, travel. My stipend is a net amount. My employer said i need to pay full tax. May i know if so, what are the method to save tax. can i include my LIC polices and NSS. please suggest me.

    December 24, 2013 at 2:32 pm
    • Nikhil T says:

      Dear Raj,

      Under Section 10(16) of the Income-tax Act, any scholarship granted to a person to meet the cost of education is exempt from tax. The term ‘scholarship’ has been interpreted liberally to also include within its scope amounts of fellowships, stipends, grants for travel and incidental expenses, etc. awarded for acquiring education.
      Rafer the A. Ratnakar Rao vs. Addl. CIT’ 128 ITR 527,(Karnataka High Court)

      May 9, 2014 at 10:15 am
  • Simran says:

    Dear sir,
    What is the process of change deductor for rectification in E TDS Statement filed but still TDS department raised demand for the same.

    January 9, 2014 at 1:40 pm
  • beeteekay says:

    Question related to TDS for a property transaction. We had two buyers and two sellers in a property transaction for value X. For first buyer, the Form 26QB & TDS was done correctly as two transactions (of value X/4) for both sellers. For the second buyer, the TDS amount was incorrectly entered as X/2 instead of X/4 against first seller and TDS was also paid before mistake was realized. Fourth transaction was not done since entire 1% TDS was paid through 3 transactions. All TDS was paid online through TIN-NSDL website. 1) Is there a need to rectify this since entire TDS amount is ayways paid. 2)IIf rectification is required, please state the process.

    January 11, 2014 at 6:26 am
  • RAJA MONDAL says:


    February 18, 2014 at 11:04 am
  • Vijeta says:

    I want to change PAN details for the TDS Return filed for 2012-13 i.e. PAN correction. Online correction option gives me only financial year 2013-14, How to change for FY 2012-13?

    March 6, 2014 at 2:39 pm
  • shrikant says:

    i want to file itr 7 online/ how can i get the id and password and the same if i lost the above things

    March 15, 2014 at 11:52 am
  • srinivasa siva says:

    I have lost the Provisional receipt number of tds for the A.Yr 2010-2011
    How shall i get back the PRN Number

    Guide me

    R.Srinivasa Siva

    March 21, 2014 at 1:41 pm
  • catarannum says:

    I have filed tds return for Q2. for the year 13-14. In that statement one challan payment date was withing the quarter -6/7/13. But challan deduction date was 28/6/13. challan was matched. But i have got notice for demand for that challan amount. I have filed revised return correcting date of deduction 6/7/13. but that statement was rejected. The challan has c entry and traces does not allow to change data except pan, challan amount and challan date. so i am unable to change date of deduction because of which i have got demand. so plz suggest me. should i write to respective ao or file rectification request u/s 154?

    April 16, 2014 at 11:14 am
  • Prashantha K. Shetty says:

    Dear Sir,

    Can you please advice which challan I have to use for Payment of Interest on TDS for Intimation U/S. 200A of the Income Tax Act, 1961. This interest which applied for delay in Payment of TDS u/s 194J for f.y: 2013-14, Q4. Bankers are insisting for the Code number. Please advice.


    May 26, 2014 at 11:39 am
  • Capt Williams says:

    I am a Maintenance Company in India collecting rent on behalf of my client from a company tenant. The company deducts TDS and then pays. Can I transfer the whole amount to my NRI account? or will there be an additional TDS deduction?

    May 29, 2014 at 2:12 pm

    we apply TAN with nsdl dated 01/05/2014 but last return 26q 4thq filing date was 15/05/2014 NSDl alloted TAN 18/06/2014 than we are deposited on 21/06/2014 deducted tax as on 31/03/2014 pl confirm the penaly u/s 234E aplly valid or not

    June 26, 2014 at 6:57 pm

    pl sent the reply

    June 26, 2014 at 6:58 pm
  • UMA MAHESH M says:

    I have filed a tds statement with 20% tds for no pan case and FOUR 15g cases . There are no cases of TDS deduction. I have received a demand for Rs.8,150/- I am not able to download the justification file/consolidated file as there is no pan for the challan paid or challan for the cases where tds is not deducted on the basis of 15g. Please suggest me a way out to download the cons file/justification report.

    June 26, 2014 at 7:40 pm
  • Ashraf says:

    While validating 24Q-1 for Nil return, an error
    Line No:”3″ / Record Type: “Challan” / Statement Type : “Regular” / Field Name : “Count of deductee/party records” / Challan Details Record Number : “1” / Deductee/ Salary Detail No: “-” / Error Code & Description.
    (I have 338 employees records with “Y” )
    How to rectify the said error

    July 14, 2014 at 8:20 am
  • S K Bansal says:

    will it be possible for u to let me know the interest rate during fy 13-14 in r/o National Savings Scheme 1987


    July 20, 2014 at 6:46 pm
  • Remy Rodrigues says:

    I have paid the TDS thru HDFC on the 17th June 2014,
    What is the assessment year? if I put it as 2014-2015, it comes with registration Failure

    The response is registration failure,. ‘incorrect verification data entered; how will I know what data is entered incorrectly??? Please help…

    July 26, 2014 at 3:05 pm
  • BIKAS says:

    For the period March 2014, We have paid TDS on sales commission (under sec 195)for a Foreign Party who resides out side India at 30%. This TDS payment is over and above the commission amount agreed, hence to our account. Recently, came across a case law under Appellate Tribunal that it says,” no TDS is required to be made because payment of commission are made to non-resident overseas agent. As such no income is arising to the non-resident agent in India. So, no TDS is deductible u/s 194H of the act , which is applicable for residents Indians only, even the provisions of Sec195 is not applicable as payments are made to non-resident overseas agents for the services rendered outside India. Income tax Tribunal , Delhi Bench E, ITA no626/Del/2012. ”. Please let me know the procedure to file for refund of TDS paid. Your guidance on this is much appreciated.

    August 25, 2014 at 2:36 pm

    pls any one can help me? one of my client received an intimation u/s143(1) with a demand notice of Rs-6000, in this case total tds is rs-45918.00 but assessing officer is taking at the time of assessment only Rs-39918.00 and raised a demand notice of Rs-6000.00 my client is an govt salaried what can i do pls help me.

    September 25, 2014 at 1:08 am
  • Sumit Das says:

    Dear SIr,
    I was paid brokerage after deduction of TDS as per tax rule of 194H,but they wand to return that is possible to return the TDS amount.

    September 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
    • Sumit Das says:

      Any one please reply…

      September 27, 2014 at 9:36 am
  • Rk Sharma says:

    pl explain that the Purchaser of property has deducted the TDS but he has not deposit on the seller PAN account and Registry done on 29th jan 2015.
    so is there any time or no of days require that within this period or days Purchaser should have to deposit TDS in the seller PAN accounts.

    what Legal action can be taken against the purchaser?

    pl revert urgently

    February 3, 2015 at 3:30 pm
  • Sivakumar says:

    I have paid the TDS on the installment i have paid for the property purchase.
    In order to generate Form 16 , i had to register in the Traces
    1. Kindly advice out of 2 options which option should i fill
    2. If option 1, how to get the TAN?
    3. Under option 2, the challan number to be entered does not include for TDS

    Thanks in advance

    February 16, 2015 at 8:31 pm


    March 30, 2015 at 7:37 pm
    • TDSMAN says:

      Dear Manmohan,

      You have to submit FORM 26QB again.

      April 1, 2015 at 12:28 pm
      • Hariprasath says:

        When I had contacted the TDS Central Processing Cell Ghaziabad, I was told that the interest and late filing fee u/s 234E that was intimated as “26QB Statement filed is processed with defaults and u/s 200A” with demand u/s 156 needs to be paid using Form ITNS. 280 by selecting Type of Payment as “Tax on Regular Assessment (400)”. Can you confirm this?

        April 2, 2015 at 4:58 pm
  • Rahul Malik says:

    Hi Sir/Mam,

    I have received an email from “” regarding late
    TDS payment for my flat.

    Now I am required to pay Rs200 as penalty per day. Content of the email is :-

    Defaults have been identified in the 26QB statement filed by you for
    FY 2013-14, PAN of Buyer AOXPM3461Q and Acknowledgment Number
    AA3675125 and processed by ITD u/s 200A.

    My question is I want to know how to pay this penalty.
    Is there any website where I can pay this amount online?

    Rahul Malik

    April 4, 2015 at 9:23 pm
  • Bhagwati says:

    Dear sir/mam
    please tell me how much time require to complete order for buying tds software.

    May 4, 2015 at 11:50 am
    • TDSMAN says:

      Dear Bhagwati,

      You can complete the order just by making an online payment by visiting the link below:

      As soon as the payment is done, you can download and use the software.

      May 4, 2015 at 2:10 pm
  • Ashraf says:

    How to add digital signature in Form (24Q) 16B? [I’ve filed TDS return manually.]

    June 5, 2015 at 11:40 am
  • sanjeev kr gupta says:

    dear sir,
    I have looked up your site for query in the regard of TDS deposition, my question is “If the TDS had been deposited on 30.04.2015 the last day for the TDS up to march 15 and the cheques are clear on next date in the month of may 2015 and interest charged by the IT department for the delayed in deposition but it was not than the liability of delay deposit should levied with the depositor or not.”
    thank you

    July 21, 2015 at 4:21 pm
  • Ramesh says:

    We have multiple defualts under 234 E as given below:
    FY 2015-16 Q2 200
    FY 2013-14 Q1 400
    FY 2013-14 Q3 200
    FY 2012-13 Q2 200
    FY 2012-13 Q3 200
    TOTAL: 1200

    Please inform how to deposit these through challan 281.
    Whether we have to deposit it through five separate challans i.e. one challan for each quarter of default.
    Or Can we deposit them on three challans that is one challan for each financial year….
    Or through single challan of current year….
    Please clarify…

    November 12, 2015 at 11:00 am
  • S.Narayanan says:

    LIC India has issued a Form-16 for Assessment Year 2015-16 in my name towards payment of Pension upto 31.03.2015,but I have not received Pension amount (either full or partial) from LIC India till now.Whether I have to pay Tax for Pension amount for Income Year 2014-15 ? If Pension amount is received during 2015-16 , whether I have to include in my Income during 2015-16 ? Please remember Form-16 was issued for Income Year 2014-15 but amount not received.Please advice.

    December 4, 2015 at 5:06 pm
  • Abhishek says:

    Hello Sir,
    I have filled the tax amount paid incorrectly in ITR filing, due to which now demand has been generated. CPC asked me to file rectification request in the portal. Can you please tell me, which option i need to select, is it the option 1 in the drop down and just need to fill teh details and submit it back.

    February 3, 2016 at 8:10 pm
  • Gayatri Kalburgi says:

    How can individuals claim refund u/s 200A? I have paid TDS in March 2015 on behalf of a builder under the wrong head and want to claim refund u/s 200A.

    February 7, 2016 at 9:51 pm
  • Raj says:


    Need your guidance on the below issue.

    I had a part-time consultancy employment in FY 2014-15 for which TDS was deducted monthly. But the same was not reflected in TRACES as the employer had not remitted it.

    I filed my IT returns ITR IV on 18.08.2015, disclosing the income alongwith other income and tax-saving investments. I got a refund from IT on 26.10.2015 by ECS.

    Now, i am no longer with the employer but now i find that the employer has paid Rs.24000 as TDS on 06.11.2015, which is displayed in my TRACES login as SEC 194J – Transaction date : 31.03.2015, Date of Booking : 06.11.2015.

    Now, that I have filed my IT returns within the stipulated time and got the IT refund too in Oct 2015, the employer has not paid the due on time and has paid it only in Nov 2015.

    Kindly let me know how to get refund of the above TDS.
    Thanking you in advance, T Raj

    March 9, 2016 at 10:07 am
  • Ashraf Mohamed says:

    How to make correction in Srl number of employee in TDSMAN software. It is not accepting any correction in srl no. As I add some more employee salary details, the srl number becomes doubled. ie… 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5 so on… even though I have given the next continuous srl numbers of existing record in EXCEL file.

    April 29, 2016 at 8:52 pm
  • P S Patil says:

    I have filled rectification request for FY 2010-11 ,as there was an error that I had entered form 16 details in advance tax columns while filing.

    Now the status is being shown as “Your Rectification has already been sent to AST” . Kindly guide me what to do next?

    June 28, 2016 at 11:19 am
  • rao says:

    I have satisfied with your TDS Software, but you have not provided option for 16A/16D/16 convertion directly from your software, another companies like SARAl, WINMAN companies has given, very very helpful.

    Number of times getting problem or slow process while generated with TRACES PDF CONVERTER UTILITY ( You have provided link, feel very bad.
    plz do needful in this regard.

    July 13, 2016 at 1:06 am
  • anoop says:

    Please help me

    1. i have forgotten the password
    2. my user id is not active to reset password
    3. can’t activate user id as i have lost my mobile PIN
    4. can’t generate new mobile PIN and activation link as i have forgotten my password!!!!!!

    so, i’m stuck in a loop here!!
    please help me out.

    thanks in advance

    August 22, 2016 at 10:52 am
  • vikash kumar says:

    Under which section I will get deduction for Medical Reimbursement and what is the Maximum Limit. I am getting Rs 28500/- towards hospitalization expenses. please advice me it is taxable? or in which section how much i will get deduction?

    January 10, 2017 at 9:05 pm
  • Sameer says:

    I want tds return file by site not by software may you guide me for all the step please mail me soon as possible


    February 13, 2017 at 5:30 pm
  • TARA CHAND says:


    March 14, 2017 at 8:56 pm

    Can I use tdsman in second PC otherthan the PC which I am using for tdsman software?

    April 3, 2017 at 12:58 pm
  • Jagtar Singh Lakhanpal says:

    My PAN no abfpl1998n has been deactivated and a new PAN has been given which has not been delivered to me.
    Now I want to activate my old PAN card.
    Please guide me to do this.

    April 9, 2017 at 5:00 pm
  • Jagtar Singh Lakhanpal says:

    I have gone to IT department office at Pune Maharashtra they have told me that it has been done at New Delhi.
    Now I live in Pune but why I should go to Delhi where as I live here from 2001 onward.

    April 9, 2017 at 5:04 pm

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


four × = 8

  • RSS
  • Facebook

Subscribe to get Latest Updates

Save your time and get all new posts and updates delivered to you in your Mailbox