Advisory for Taxpayers
- 26AS statement contains tax credits available to taxpayer for claim in Income Tax Return along with information on refund, high value transactions and TDS defaults.
- View 26AS statement to check TDS credits as reported by your deductors.
- Insist on furnishing of TDS certificate downloaded by the deductor through TRACES (www.tdscpc.gov.in) portal only.
- Valid TDS/TCS certificate bears 7 alpha character (For example – ABCXYET) that can be verified through TRACES website by using “verify TDS certificate” in “view TDS/TCS credit”.
- Be vigilant towards completeness and correctness of 26AS statement.
- Request the deductor to file correction statement on noticing of any gap in TDS certificate or in 26AS.
- Taxpayer may view/download Form 26AS from any of the following:
- Online banking of 37 banks
- Income Tax e-filing website: www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in