As per the latest development in the TRACES, the following types of corrections can also be done directly from the TRACES website:
1. PAN Correction
2. Challan Correction
The existing system of preparing and filing correction return will also continue without any change.
Online corrections can be done in the following simple steps:
1. Login into the TRACES website.
2. Go to ‘Request for the correction’ under ‘Defaults’ menu and request the file to be corrected.
3. After request, go to ‘Track correction Request’ and select the file in which you want to make the corrections.
4. Make the required corrections in selected file.
5. Click on ‘Submit your Processing’ to submit your corrections.
Click here to view the detailed tutorial on how to do Online Corrections.
Pre-requisites for making Online Corrections:
1. Traces website login details
2. Digital Signature (Click here to know how to add Digital signature to your website login)
Introduction of this new feature will simplify the process of corrections and will reduce unwanted repeated defaults.