- Request for TDS (Consolidated) file from Traces
- Download requested TDS (Consolidated) file from Traces
- Upload TDS(Consolidated) file for correction into the software
- Make corrections
- Generate the correction return
- Submit The correction return to NSDL
Use TDSMAN one of the leading softwares for preparing correction returns
Please note that 7th December, 2017 is the last date for TDS and TCS payments for the deductions made in November 2017. Make sure to do the needful on time to avoid interest. To understand the details/ calculations for late payment interest click on the links below.
Calculation of Late Payment Interest
Interest on Late Payment of TDS
Steps for registration and e-filing of Form 15G and Form 15H
Below are the steps for registration and e-filing of Form 15G and Form 15H at the Income Tax India e-filing portal.
- You need to visit Income Tax India e-filing portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. There you need to either login or get registered. For registration click on “Register Yourself” Button.
- In the next screen Select “Tax Deductor and Collector” and Press “ Continue” Button.
- Enter TAN and Press “ Continue”.
- Fill up all the required details of the registration form. User Id is TAN number of the deductor. When you Press “Submit “Button you will be shown a “Registration Successful” page.
- You need to login through the individual PAN login in Income Tax India e-filing portal and approve the registration under “Work List”.
- A mail is received on the registered email ID and a One time Password (OTP) on registered Mobile Phone. The link provided in the email Id needs to be clicked and details have to be filled along with the OTP and submitted.
E-filing of Form 15G and Form 15H
You need to login using the user Id(TAN), password and the captcha code.
The Digital Signature Cerificate of the responsible person needs to be registered in case of new registration. You need to go to Profile Settings in the dashboard and click on “Register Digital Signature Certificate” option. If it is already registered, it will be displayed in the “Registered DSC details”
Steps for E-filing of Form 15G and Form 15H
- Click on e-File and select “Submit Form 15G/Form 15H” and in the screen that appears enter all the required fields and click on “validate”.
- Once the validation is complete, you will be prompted to upload the file. Attach the consolidated (.zip) Form 15G/15H file
- The zip file needs to be validated using the DSC facility and certificate file is This certificate has to be uploaded at “Attach signature file”. After uploading is completed and “Upload Successful” screen comes along with the transaction ID.
The uploaded file status may be verified from “My Account” > “View Form 15G/15H (consolidated)”. Here one can see the e-filing details and also whether the uploaded file has been accepted. If you click on the transaction number, you will see the receipt number/acknowledgement number.
CBDT has issued a clarification on TDS charged on the interest on deposits made under Capital Gains Accounts Scheme, 1988 if the depositor has deceased. As per the notification no 08/2017 dated 13th September, 2017, it has been clarified that the interest on TDS on the interest income accrued for and upto the period of death of the depositor is required to be deducted and reported against PAN of the depositor and TDS on the interest income accrued for the period after death of the depositor is required to be deducted and reported against PAN of the legal heir. Below is the notification that clarifies the same.
Click here for notification